Additional charges filed against Rockingham murder defendant

By: Staff report
Peguese

ROCKINGHAM — A woman accused of killing a man last week has had additional charges leveled against her.

Lanetta Peguese, 40, is also now facing misdemeanor charges of resisting a public officer, communicating threats, assault on a government official oremployee and discharging a firearm in city limits, according to online court records. Her bond on those charges is $5,000 secured.

Peguese was charged with first-degree murder Thursday after Rockingham Police say she shot and killed 58-year-old Michael Jeffrey Marble of Anson County. Police have not yet said what town Marble was from.

No bond has been set on the murder charge.

Officers who responded around 12:30 p.m. to the 911 call at Gore Drive attempted to administer aid to Marble, who was later pronounced dead FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital-Richmond where he died from a single gunshot wound to the head, according to police.

Investigators said Friday that the motive was “unclear at this point.”

Peguese’s next court date is scheduled for March 29 on the murder charge and April 19 on the other charges.

Online records with the North Carolina Department of Public Safety Division of Adult Correction show Peguese has no prior convictions in the state.

All defendants facing criminal charges are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

This is the first homicide investigation of 2018 for the Rockingham Police Department.

Peguese
https://www.yourdailyjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/web1_lanettapeguese-3.jpgPeguese

Staff report