HAMLET — Richmond Community College will be offering a free seminar series beginning this month that will help current and potential businesses build their reputation and exposure online by using a variety of internet tools and solutions.
The Cyber Wednesdays Certificate Series kicks of Jan. 25 from 6 to 9 p.m. with “How to Start an Internet Retail Business” presented by Steve Carver at the Cole Auditorium on the College’s main campus in Hamlet. The series is designed to give the online or storefront business owner information on establishing and maintaining an online presence and interacting online using online tools such as apps.
The free seminars sponsored by the College’s Small Business Center are held the fourth Wednesday of each month. To earn the Business Online Training Certificate, participants must complete four of the five seminars.
“An online presence is crucial in this day and age. Even though a potential customer may hear about your business word of mouth, recent studies have shown, they are more apt to search for it online, visit its website, look at its social media pages and read reviews about it,” Small Business Center Director Deborah Hardison said.
The seminar schedule is as follows:
• Jan. 25: How to Start an Internet Retail Business – 6 to 9 p.m. – Cole Auditorium – Hamlet – Presenter Steve Carver
• Feb. 22: Shop Local-Buy Local Using Social Media to Gain More Business – 6 to 9 p.m. – Cole Auditorium – Hamlet – Presenter Martin Brossman
• March 22: How to Sell on Amazon for Business Owners – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Scotland Economic Development – Laurinburg – Presenter Martin Brossman
• April 26: How to Build Your Business Brand with Linked In – 6 to 9 p.m. – Cole Auditorium – Hamlet – Presenter Les Echols
• May 24: Easy Online Webpage Design – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Cole Auditorium – Hamlet – Presenter Bellanora McCallum
To register, go online at tiny.cc/sbcseminars, email [email protected] or contact Hardison at 910-410-1687. Pre-registration is preferred but, walk-ins are welcome.