The American Red Cross reports it is in specific need of Type O Negative and Type B Negative blood donations.
Although blood donors of all blood types are continuously needed to maintain a strong and stable blood supply, donors with Type O Negative and B Negative blood are immediately needed, the Red Cross said.
There are many opportunities to donate blood. From January-March 2013, the sponsor locations to donate are:
• Monday, Feb. 4, from 3 to 7:30 p.m. at Freedom Baptist Church, US Hwy 1 North, Rockingham.
• Monday, Feb. 11, from 2:30 to 7 p.m. at Community Church Rockingham, 193 Mill Road, Rockingham.
• Tuesday, Feb. 26, from 2 to 6:30 p.m. at Family Video, 1327 Fayetteville Rd., Rockingham.
• Tuesday, March 12, from 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Perdue Farms, 416 S. Long Dr., Rockingham.
• Wednesday, March 20, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Cole Auditorium at Richmond Community College, Hwy 74 East, Hamlet.
• Monday, March 25, from 3 to 7:30 p.m. at Roberdel Baptist Church, 1118 Richmond Rd., Rockingham.
• Wednesday, March 27, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the FirstHealth Center for Health & Richmond Memorial Hospital, 120 Richmond Memorial Dr., Rockingham.
• Wednesday, March 27, from 2 to 6 p.m. at Richmond Pines Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 769 Hwy 177 South, Hamlet.
Donors must be at least 16 years of age and weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors who are 16-years-old must have parent’s permission.
For eligibility questions, call the Donor Counselor at 1-866-236-3276. For more information on donating blood call 1-800-733-2767 or visit www.redcrossblood.org.