The Richmond County Board of Commissioners will hold a work session to review the proposed budget for fiscal year 2012-2013 on Monday at 1 p.m. That evening, commissioners will hold their regular monthly meeting at 5:30 p.m., at which they will hold a public hearing to receive comments from the public about the proposed budget.
For their regular meeting, during open forum, the board will recognize Jeanette Terry and Youth Council members of the Lumber River Workforce Investment Act Youth Program.
Also during the regular meeting, the board is expected to:
• Hear a presentation on the proposed budget by County Manager Rick Sago.
• Hold a public hearing to receive citizen input on fiscal year 2012-2013 Rural Operating Assistance Program funding application for Richmond Inter-agency Transportation.
• Receive a monthly report from Planning and Zoning Director of GIS James Armstrong.
• Consider supporting a project, presented by Cooperative Extension Agent Paige Burns, to promote and protect Highway 73 scenic by-way.
• Consider a designation, by Richmond County Aging Service Director Jacqueline Braddock, of Rockingham Senior Center as a ‘North Carolina Senior Center of Excellence.’
• Consider requests of appointments to board and committees.
• Hear a request for board consideration of a resolution in support of Senate Bill 433.
• Hear a request to designate voting delegate for National Association of Counties Annual Conference, July 13-17 in Pittsburgh, Pa.