The public is invited to share input on a proposed local incentive at the Richmond County Board of Commissioners’ meeting on Monday.
The county board will meet at 5:30 p.m., in the Commissioners Chambers in the County Administrative Building, 125 S. Hancock St., Rockingham.
A public hearing will be held at which the county board is hoping to receive input on a proposed local incentive, which will be for FerroFab, Inc., a new steel fabrication industry that recently came to Hamlet.
The county is proposing to provide the company with an $81,000 job creation grant. The grant would pay the company $1,500 per job, up to 54 jobs. The grant can be paid in 25 percent increments, and would be based on six-month average employment; in other words; an employee must be employed for two quarters before half the grant will be paid.
In other news, the board is expected to:
• Hold a public hearing to name a new road located off of Magnolia Street by Mizpah Road in Rockingham to “Zoey Lou Drive.”
• Consider making amendments to the Richmond County Zoning Map, following a public hearing with James Armstrong, Planning and Zoning Director of GIS, about a rezoning petition by Travel Resorts of America in Derby.
• Receive an update from Tax Administrator Vagas Jackson on the Richmond County Tax Department.
• Hear Department of Social Services Director Tammy Schrenker give a department update.
• Discuss 2012 Urgent Repair Project Grant, the 2012 Urgent Repair Project Grant Project Ordinance and Assistance Policy, as presented by Sandra Ridley.
• Consider award of Contract No. 1 for U.S. Highway 220 Bypass Waterline and Pump Station Project, as presented by Public Works Director Bryan Land.
• Approve Richmond County Emergency Services’ Updated Fire Response Maps, which will be presented by Emergency Services Director Donna Wright.
• Consider appointments to Richmond County Crime Prevention Council.
• Approve an appointment to Richmond County Industrial Facilities and Pollution Control Financing Authority.
— Staff Writer Dawn M. Kurry can be reached at 910-997-3111, ext. 15, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.