The Richmond County Board of Commissioners will receive an appearance by Richmond County Sheriff James E. Clemmons Jr. at the board’s monthly meeting on Monday.
Clemmons is expected to give a departmental update report and request board approval of a budget amendment to accept and appropriate funds from the Edward Byrne Assistance Grant.
Clemmons has requested an opportunity to appear before the board to provide an update on any new legislation enacted by the General Assembly and how it may impact his department. He will also request the board allow his department to accept the grant funds, in the amount of $12,818. The grant will be used to purchase equipment for deputies and requires no matching funds from the county.
In other matters, the county is expected to:
• Hear a request by Tax Administrator Vagas Jackson for the board to authorize postponement of property revaluation.
• Receive monthly reports by Planning Director Jamie Armstrong and County Manager Rick Sago.
• Get an update from Richmond Community College President Dale McInnis.
• Consider an offer from the Board of Education for the Board of Commissioners to acquire surplus parking lot property across from Leak Street School at fair market value.
• Review a request by the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners for support of 2013-2014 legislative goals.