The Richmond County Board of Commissioners will elect a new board chair and vice-chair at its regular monthly meeting on Monday. The board will also appoint a county attorney.
The board will then hold open forum to take comments from the public.
The board will hold its meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Commissioners Chambers, located on the second floor of the County Administrative Building, at 125 S. Hancock St., Rockingham.
In other matters, the board is expected to:
• Hold a public hearing for close-out of the Community Development Block Grant for the Plastek building reuse project.
• Hold a public hearing on the proposed 2014 community transportation program application to be submitted to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
• Receive a monthly staff report from Director of Planning and GIS Jamie Armstrong.
• Hear a monthly staff report from County Manager Rick Sago.
• Watch a presentation of the 2011 State of the County Health Report by Health Director Tommy Jarrell.
• Review a request by the Health Director for board approval of proposed changes in the 2012-2013 fee schedules for Health Department Clinics and Environmental Health.
• Consider six appointments to three-year terms on the Richmond County Board of Health.
• Consider appointments of commissioners to serve as a delegate to Lumber River Council of Governments, serve on the Richmond County Water Committee and on the Area of Richmond Transit board.
• Receive a request by Emergency Services Director Donna Wright for board approval of a resolution to adopt the Pee Dee Lumber River Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
• Hear a request for a bond order to authorize refunding of the 2002 Economic Development General Obligation Bond and 2003 Water Refunding General Obligation Bond.
• Consider an offer from N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for continued payment of Richmond Soil & Water Conservation District matching funds and Cost Share Technical Assistance funds.
• Consider a 2014-2018 Transportation Improvement Program for Richmond County Airport.
• Designate a voting delegate for 2013 Legislative Goals Conference.
— Staff Writer Dawn M. Kurry can be reached at 910-997-3111, ext. 15, or by email at email@example.com.