The Richmond County Chamber of Commerce 2013 Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for new three-year Directors.
Serving with Chamber Chairman John Jackson on the Director Nominating Committee are Director and Nominating Committee Chair Terry Greene of JC Penney, Director Jim McCaskill, and Director Karen Margolis of Fatz.
The Chamber Nominating Committee will hold its first meeting on Monday, Sept. 9, 2013, at 11:30 a.m. at FirstHealth Richmond Memorial Hospital in Rockingham.
The purpose of this meeting as prescribed by the by-laws is to review suggested nominees for the position of Director for the Richmond County Chamber of Commerce. The committee will take into consideration the following divisions: Merchandising (Retail and Wholesale), Manufacturing, and Service (including professionals). Nominees may be nominated from all geographic areas of Richmond County. During the September board meeting, the Nominating Committee shall present a slate consisting of a minimum of five candidates to replace the retiring directors.
The committee will select new director nominees as stated in the Richmond County Chamber of Commerce By-Laws:
• Any member in good standing may submit one or more nominations.
• Candidates to serve on board must be members in good standing.
• The nominees will be named in mid September 2013.
• Membership will be notified by mail upon receipt of the report from the nominating committee.
• Each new director will serve a three-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2014.
• Nominations must be submitted in writing.
• Nominations must be received by Monday, Sept. 9, at 11:30 a.m.
Send nominations, in writing, to: Nominating Committee, Richmond County Chamber of Commerce, 2 Main Street Suite 204 Hamlet, NC 28345 or fax to 910-895-9056.
For more details, contact Chamber President Emily Tucker at 910-895-9058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.