Kevin Spradlin email@example.com
February 7, 2014
Entering The Richmond County Daily Journal’s Cutest Pet Contest might not be the easiest thing to do, but it sure can prove worthwhile.
It gives the pet owner and pet a little notoriety — and will net the winner, based on the number of votes on the online gallery from readers like you, some cold hard cash. The winner will receive a $100 check from The Daily Journal. Entry is free. Only one entry per person, please.
Entries started being accepted on Tuesday and will continue to be accepted through Feb. 28. Voting begins Feb. 16 and ends Feb. 28. The winner will be announced in early March.
There is only one way to enter. Many have already figured it out but to those who might have experience difficulty in the process, here is a step-by-step list of instructions to help you navigate the process of entering the contest, which is sponsored by Richmond County government and the Richmond County Animal Shelter.
* Log on to www.yourdailyjournal.com
* Click the Cutest Pet Contest logo on the right side of the screen
* If this is your first time visiting the site, click on the red and white “Register Now” button
* Input the required information, including name, email address, etc.
* Check your email inbox and click on the link provided to activate the account
* Return to www.yourdailyjournal.com and click, again, on the Cutest Pet Contest logo
* Log in, using the information on your newly created account
* Click on “submission”
* Upload your photo, give it a title and enter a brief description — including the name, age and breed of your dog, as well as special tricks or character traits
* Check the box “confirm age and permission”
* Enter the (admittedly) difficult to read code verification numbers
* Click the red and white “submit” button
Congratulations! You’ll have, hopefully, successfully entered the Cutest Pet Contest sponsored by Richmond County government and the Richmond County Animal Shelter.
Unfortunately, loading your photos to The Daily Journal’s Facebook page, or emailing them to a staff member, does not count for the purposes of this contest. We still might share your pet’s photo — if you can brag about Rover or Rex, so will we — but, unfortunately, you won’t be in it for the cash.
Questions? Call 910-997-3111 ext. 13 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.