First Posted: 7/6/2012
The Richmond County Board of Commissioners is expected to make a series of board appointments when it meets on Monday.
The board meets at 5:30 p.m. in the Commissioners Chambers on the second floor of the County Administration building at 125 S. Hancock St., Rockingham.
First on the agenda is a public hearing to receive public comments on the 2013 Rural Operating Assistance Program. The board will hear from the Area of Richmond Transit Office as it presents a proposed application for the program to be submitted to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The programs included in the application are the Elderly & Disabled Transportation Assistance Program, the Employment Transportation Assistance Program and the Rural General Public Program. According to a public hearing notice, these programs will have a total cost of $163,084.
The board will hear a request by James Armstrong, Planning and Zoning director of GIS, for the demolition and removal of property at 20 First St., Safie. The owners, Charles and Brenda Perry, were contacted regarding the structure’s removal. The Perry family asked for several extensions, but “no activity at the property or structure was noted,” according to the agenda for the meeting.
Other agenda items to be considered by the board are:
• A monthly report by County Manager Rick Sago.
• A request for annual approval of Richmond County Jail Medical Facility plan as requested by Jail Administrator Lt. Brian Mabe
• The reappointment of Ginny Braddock as tax collector.
• A request for board consideration of appointments to boards and committees, including the Lumber River Workforce Development Board, the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction to Rockingham Board of Adjustments and Appeals, the Tourism Development Authority and the Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
• The approval of changes to the East Rockingham Senior Center Rental Policy, where the rent will double from $50 to $100 per event.
— Staff writer Dawn M. Kurry can be reached at 910-997-3111, Ext. 15, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.